The Health Benefits of Golf
Golf is a mental and physical sport that is keeping Florida fit! Estero Country Club is home to an enormous golf course that is yours. Get healthy, stay healthy, and go green on the golf course. Playing at 7,072 yards from its championship tees, our par 72 course sits on 105 lush acres surrounded by 38 acres of sparkling lakes. The course features six sets of tees to challenge the skills of players at every level, at any age. Along with a large green, we also have a practice range and putting/chipping greens to choose from.
The pleasures of golf are integral to life at the Estero Country Club. While we offer a variety of club memberships, our Golf Equity memberships are limited. Estero Country Club is not a bundled community so we’re pleased that our members play unlimited golf. Golf is excellent exercise for the body and mind at any age. Get out on the green with friends and family, have a friendly competition, and improve your game.
According to Harvard Medical School, the health benefits are from far more than your swing, but your walk as well. “Golf can be good for your health and safe for your heart. These health benefits don’t come from swinging your club, but from walking. Walking an average course for a round of golf can be as much as four miles. If you walk 18 holes three to five times a week, you’ll get an optimal amount of endurance exercise for your heart. If you pull your clubs or carry them, you’ll burn more calories per round, and benefit even more.”
Avoid injuries by doing the following:
- Use the right equipment and always make sure it’s in good condition.
- Protect yourself from the sun! Always wear sunscreen/sunblock, a hat, and appropriate clothing.
- Drink water plenty of water throughout the game.
- Lift and carry clubs safely and, when necessary, use a buggy.
- Due to excessive Florida heat, consider playing in the early morning or late afternoon/evening.
- Stop playing immediately when an injury occurs.
Estero Country Club looks forward to seeing you out on the green!